Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SMC Graffiti


One of the things that I was not expecting to find on the Saint Mary's campus was graffiti, especially not good graffiti. On one of my walks to the swamp a friend of mine suggested we go over the damn to see the graffiti wall. I was very interested in going, so I agreed and, to my surprise, I was very impressed with most of the work.


I was very excited to see this on the Saint Mary's Campus, but right away I started asking myself a lot of questions. From where did this graffiti come? Who are the artists responsible? Does Saint Mary's College know about this? If so, how do they feel about it?


Another thing about this area is that it was very trashed and there were spray paint bottles and litter all over. Although the art and the setting for the graffiti is really cool, it is also having a negative impact on the wildlife on Saint Mary's.


Nevertheless, it is a cool spot to check out on-campus. I know there is going to be different opinions about whether this place should be kept as is or should be cleaned up, but this is one of Saint Mary's most interesting hidden gems.

Check out some of the pictures of the artwork and decide for yourself!






For More pictures of this hidden gem, click here: SMC Beauties

No comments:

Post a Comment